Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You Heard IT Here First.

Sophia Giler is taking a break from dating.

That's right. And you heard it here first. 

It is emotionally exhausting. I can not go on more than one date with someone before things get WILDLY out of hand. 

For all my readers outside of Utah, the majority of the BYU freshman boys are extremely confused. 

Many of them think that a date means that I LIKE them (more than just friends), and that if I hang out after the date, or tell them I had fun that CLEARLY I am interested. I swear. I can't just be friends with anyone. 

It's not just that though. I just haven't met anyone that I feel like I do REALLY like. Sometimes, I think POSSIBLY I might, maybe could like them. But, I just end up having another conversation with someone saying "I really just want to be friends. Maybe we should be friends. I don't know that I like you like that." Or a weird combination of all three. It is at that point that... I never hear from them again. 

It's annoying. And not like the real world. 

I described my perfect guy to my roommate Nikole, and our friend Dan. They laughed at how unrealistic my demands were. (Not that I am looking. NO NO NO. I am not looking for anything serious right now so do NOT get the wrong impression.) Anyways. (Anyways just so happens to be my mom's favorite word. Everyone use it incorrectly and often when around her.) Here is my list. Just to humor you:

I'll start with the physical traits:
  • Short blonde hair. Or short(to medium) brown hair. 
  • Tall
  • Buff (Muscular) (Good body)
  • Athletic
  • Cute Smiles (dimples if he can pull them off. One of my TA's has the CUTEST dimples when he smiles. Sadly he's married.)
  • Pretty eyes. (Like dimples, those are optional)
  • Dresses good. AKA Likes to wear cute clothes.
  • Ashton Kutcher. Ha just kidding. But i'd take him. :)
  • Enjoys good music. Can play an instrument/sing (preferably but not a MUST).
Personality Traits:
  • Enjoys his religion classes just as much as I do.
  • Good sense of humor. 
  • Funny, but knows when to be serious.
  • Honest. 
  • Respectful to his parents. 
  • Mature with a hint of immaturity. (The right kind of immaturity)
  • Good head on his shoulders. 
  • Motivated. 
  • And IF we are talking about marriage (which were not anytime soon) He has to think I hung the Sun, Moon, Stars and anything else impressive in space.
  • Sweet. 
  • Be able to carry an educated conversation. Will say sweet things in person, not just over text/email etc...
  • Some interest in politics and the world.
  • Trustworthy. 
That's about it. Yes. I know I just named the perfect guy. Maybe I should lower my expectations. They are kind of high. 

Oh did I mention I want someone straight out of a Nicholas Sparks novel??

So, other than my unrealistic post about the perfect guy, I really am taking a break from the dating scene. Like my facebook status stated the other day I'm "chasing a ghost." (I'm semi obsessed with that line... Dan gave it to me. But, it is my situation to a T)

Anyways, I miss my family and friends. I am excited for Christmas. :) :) I get to see Grams for Thanksgiving. And I am beyond excited. I love her so MUCH. I called her twice last week. I'm sure she is plenty annoyed with my constant phone calls. ;) Just kidding. 

I need a break from school. I need to get away. I am excited for next semester. I'm taking ice skating. That's about all that's on my mind. 


I'm obsessed with this version of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream they did on Glee. My mom hates the song. But, I love it. Sorry Mom. It's really good though.



1 comment:

  1. Ok, now I really hate this song. Is it my imagination or are those boys singing to that boy??? Not sure I ever want to see that again!

    I do, however love your perfect guy list. If you're going to set standards then I say set them sky high! You have much to offer, I feel certain you will find your ghost!

    ReplyDelete