Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Next Couple of Blogs....

Well, I'm home. 

Blogging is most definitely not for the faint of heart. This takes effort. I haven't blogged in over a month. And it's not because I don't have anything to say. Its more because I don't have the required "bloggers energy" to put towards sitting down and putting my thoughts into words. That, and I have the daunting task of updating my blog with 4 major posts I have been mosts definitely putting off. Well, nows the time to get started. Except that this isn't one of my 4 major blog posts. It's just a quick recap of my first 2.5 weeks home. 

I got my haircut! None of these pictures really show what it looks like... but thats alright. It's just a quick preview anyway. I had a mullet when I got home! And so, I went to get it all chopped off! It was much needed. I actually really like my hair at this length. And a major plus... I can wear it curly. So that 5 minute fix I have been dying for these past... 7 months is back. Well, its still more of a 10 minute fix. But, that's beside the point. 



My Grandma came to visit me when I got home. I was so lucky! I got to go to lunch with her and my mom. I loved it. I love these two wonderful women. I look up to them SO much. They are two of my greatest examples and I know that I am forever blessed because of their love and support. 

We went bowling as a family. And I loved every second of it. It feels good to be back. I don't always feel like I have a set place. I mean I'm no longer the sister that LIVES at home and goes to school at home. I'm the sister that spends most of her time at school in a state across the country. So, that has taken some getting used to. But, my parent are wonderfully amazing and I know I am always their daughter no matter what state I live in or where I go to school. 

:)

Just bowling as a fam! :)

He's gotten so big!!


I've missed this one! ;)

Family <3

The biggest difference between a mom and a sister... 



Family is what its all about. It was so hard to leave my babies and my friends because so much of the relationship we had was familial. I was the mother/sister to so many of those children and each of the girls I served with had a very special place in my heart. I could not pretend that it was not one of the more trying moments to come and maintain the high and the happiness I had while in Ecuador. In fact... it's been quite hard and continues to be a struggle. But, one of the greatest lessons I learned from my beautiful children is to be happy regardless of your circumstances. They have nothing but the Chicas de OSSO and each other... and somehow the greet every day with a smile. Surely, those of us who have everything, can at least attempt to mirror their happiness at least in a small way.

I love my babies. I love my new friends. I love my old ones. And I most certainly love my family most of all. It's good to be home.

2 comments:

  1. We love having you home and you will always be my daughter. I think the lesson of being happy regardless of the circumstances is a great one. Remember that life is a journey not a destination, so it is really all about the trip and the people you associate with along the way, and not just where you are right now. Remember you are always loved, wherever you are. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, to what your smart dad just said! I am happy to have you here and am totally enjoying our time together!

    ReplyDelete