Thursday, December 2, 2010

Life Today.

I don't organize my thoughts very well. I don't really say what I want to say sometimes. I feel like a lot of it is just a big list of my day to day activity. But, maybe one day that will be of interest to me.

College. It's fun. Well... for the most part. The work can be overwhelming. But, my social life is slowly becoming non-existent. So, I have plenty of time for work.

I need to move dorms. I have 2 horrible roommates. I have an "eh" family home evening group. Our "sisters" are nice enough but, not interested in being like REAL friends. Our brothers... are a WHOLE different story. 3 are weird. 1 is a BIG black boy. 2 think they are hotter than they are. So, that was a bust.

I am ready for a new ward. New faces. New friends. Well, I have a few i'd like to keep in touch with. Jenna, Nikole and Ashley for starters. Then there's Lewis, Mitchell and Damon. And finally Ammon, Michael and Ashley.

I do enjoy their company for sure. It's not all what I expected. But, instead of moping around, I am trying to make the best of it. A different approach from previous posts.

I don't know what i'll do if I can't find a room to switch into. Probably change my name to Sam and my gender to male and secretly occupy one of the male dorm rooms. It's not my most well-thought-out plan. But it IS a work in progress.

I miss my family a lot. It's hard not seeing them. But I guess it's good practice for the future. When i'm married and living in my Mansion in the mountains on a lake in Colorado. (Boating in the summer. Boarding in the winter. Best of both worlds)

I like to dress cute. I feel weird wearing sweats to class. I've only done it twice so far. I felt like I would do it more but it's like my inner "Linda" is pushing through to my subconscious and driving me to wear my cute clothes EVERYDAY. Which I do. But, my good style hasn't helped make friends.

In fact, I was informed it's the smiley faces in my texts that make people like me. Sad life huh?

I'm getting to bed. School seems kind of pointless. I am getting the work done. I am studying. I just don't feel like i'm learning. I think I have pretty good grades, but I am VERY nervous for my first set of finals in like a week and a half. Wish me luck.

I leave the 18th. YES.

2 comments:

  1. Sophie.
    1. Everyone loves you!!! Fo' real.
    2. You look cute no matter what, it's kinda annoying in a jealousy invoking kind of way ;)
    3. I like your smiley faces.
    4. I'm gonna miss being your roomie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss Nikole being your roomie! Even though I didn't "know" her, I felt comfortable with her. I am hoping you like your new roomie as much as you do her! Can I just say that I love your inner Linda coming out in you. I mean it has taken 18 years, but I guess patience is a virtue. And, the fact that you totally miss your family makes my heart happy, but I so want you to be happy, more!

    ReplyDelete