Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Couple Things...

Tuesday evening Ana and I were able to go to the Temple and take part in some of the sacred ordinances there. It was such a much needed escape from the world. It was one of the most inspiring times that I have ever gone. The spirit was so strong and I just felt peace and at ease. It was like I was finally able to come to grips with where I was in my life.

I feel like my testimony is something that I don't share often enough. I didn't share it this past Sunday, but, I felt like maybe I should here. It is after all something that people I care very dearly about read and comment on.

Provo Temple. I took this last year. 


I know that my Savior lives. I know that He loves me. I know that this world was created by a loving Heavenly Father. I know that his wisdom is infinite and that he knows me and each of us by name. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. That it too, is inspired scripture and the word of God. I know that the Bible is the word of God. And that together it and the Book of Mormon serve as a testimony and witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I believe that God is the same today, tomorrow and forever and that he is unchanging. It is because of this belief that I know that he still cares about each of us and speaks to us today. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that he did see Christ and the Father. That this is the true Church on the Earth today and that it is designed after the church Christ set up while he was on this Earth. I know that President Monson is an inspired man of God, namely that he is a prophet, seer and a revelator and that he leads and guides this church under the direction of our Father in Heaven. I know that my Savior and my Heavenly Father know me by name. I know that I am a Child of God. And I know that that knowledge entitles me to commune with my Father in prayer. I know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. I know that families are forever. I know that they are an eternal unit. I know that there is life after death and that our growth and progression continues on in the next life. I know that the leaders of this church are called of God. I know that there is a plan for me, and for each of us if we live righteously. I know that Christ died on the cross for our us. And that he atoned for each of our sins. I know that he was resurrected and was an example in all things. I know that He is always there and wants each of us to return to live with Him. I know who I am. I know God's plan. And I follow Him in faith. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I know that often people confuse faith with blind obedience. I know that as the world changes and it's idea of right and wrong is redefined that the Gospel is constant. That the programs and policies may change but, that the doctrine never will.

I heard a quote in Sacrament meeting on Sunday that I loved.

"As long as we are living righteously, bad things will happen to us, but the wrong thing NEVER will." I am a firm believer in that. How true and inspiring that is.

I hope that I am always a proper example of what the church believes in. I hope that I can always be found as a witness of God, in all times, in all things and in all places. I am beyond thankful for my beliefs and my upbringing and the joy and meaning the gospel brings to my life.

For a beautiful talk on Grace watch the link below. (You may have to create a BYUTV account. It's free. After that, you can just type in the search bar "Brad Wilcox" it's his devotional given on 7/12/11. It is about 30 minutes. And really very interesting. For members and nonmembers alike.)

http://byutv.org/watch/49475abb-10d4-4f45-a757-7000b9945468

The Bountiful Temple. The Temple I want to be married in!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Sophie. You are amazing and I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful daughter! I am happy that you can go to the temple and feel peace and the love your Heavenly Father has for you. One thing I am certain of, is that your Heavenly Father is pleased to have you on his side! I so want to take credit for what an awesome young woman you are, but I know it is not mine to have!

    Does this mean I am planning a wedding reception in Salt Lake? If so, I am trying to decide if that's okay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....left out again. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Jk. I'm glad you wrote this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mothers and friends of mothers love to read such things about the women they love! You have always been an example to me as a standard of youth, while you were at home, and now a standard among the fine women I know. You are amazing. I'm so happy that you spent time in the Temple. Take advantage of it as often as you can.

    Bountiful, huh?! Wow. Have you started checking out reception halls yet?! Oh, well...I guess it's all the more reason for your mom and I to take a road trip!

    Carry on . I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuz!! you are so awesome!! thanks for being such a great example to me and so many others! i love you PiC! :)

    ReplyDelete