Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another Sunday :)

I got to skype with Ana. Which was much needed.

This is kinda recap. As well as a combination of pictures. Combined with a couple thoughts. So, take a trip down my lane. :)

As I sit here and listen to basically my all time favorite band Holiday Parade, I just am thinking. Actually I read my friends blog. His name is Damon. I met him out at BYU. He was attending UVU and then transferred to BYU-I for spring. His most recent post was titled "Time Travels." To be read as a sentence. He made some interesting points and here are a few:


  • "Time is fun to think about. Time is one of those completely finite things in this life and it's always fleeting and doing exactly the opposite of what we want. If we want time to hurry up, it slowly ticks. If we want to stop time, we might as well just close our eyes and be in the future right away. We all have the same 24 hours to use daily, but it seems like everyone's time goes at a different speed."
  • "Also, time is so real and constantly burning. Somehow, it's completely imaginary. Without the invention of calendars and clocks, time would only be evident in aging. Time could be sped up and slowed down as we please, but the world probably wouldn't let us."
  • "I can use this time in different ways. I can either let this time psych me up or psych me out."
I know you didn't come to my blog to read his... but, he writes the things I think. He finds words for the things I try to. It's kinda weird. I love reading his blog. It is called Deep Thoughts and Cheap Shots... and he writes each blog and finishes with a deep thought and a cheap shot. It's serious mixed with funny. You go Damon. :)

Anyway, weird how time moves isn't it? One minute you are 13 years old in Middle School, time is irrelevant and you spend your days thinking about how you can't bear to have your best friends go to different high schools. "Oh the travesty!" And in a blink you're almost 20. Finished a year of college and trying to figure out your place in this world. 

Time is an interesting concept. It moves so slow in the moment. I often find this concept at work. I will check the clock... 2:15pm, serve some customers/save some lives look again 2:27pm. And I'll think to myself "I can NOT wait till this pool/ice cream place is closed." 9-10pm rolls around and I'm confused as to where my shift went. I do enjoy working. I love it. I love having something to do. I love having good friends to work with. I went out with a couple from the pool on Saturday. They are younger than me but, hey it's an invite to somewhere other than my playroom couch. 

"She Came Around" by Holiday Parade is on repeat at the moment. Gosh, this band is so good. I love songs about love. But, it seems that the majority of AMAZING love songs are written by men. Come on ladies, step it up. 

I'm old. Not like OLD old. But, old for me. Time can slow down. But, could it really speed up? I have so many questions. And a glimpse into my future would be much appreciated. But, I guess a future is built upon the things in the present. 

I just don't know what I need to be when I grow up. I say need to be. Because what I want to be... is being paid for being me. Like Oprah or Bill Gates. But, even they were something before they were taking showers in cash. And money really isn't important to me. I don't have to be wealthy, really. I just have to be stable. I have to have enough to make ends meet. And then enough to help others and buy something nice for me, my husband or my kids from time to time. 

Life is crazy. But, it's only a blip compared to everything else. I wish I could talk in depth with some of my good friends. But, religion is too big a part of my life. And it clashes. I want to talk about what I believe. Scream it on the rooftops sometimes. I want others to know. I want you to come to me with questions, not to the internet. 

Time is wild. Time is crazy. Time is unstoppable. Yet we live, breathe and move in time. We do what we need to do based on what a clock says. We show up, leave and do because of time. Time is always ticking. And that's scary to me. Because sometimes I want to just sit in Limbo. And take it all in. Take time to register. Anyway, that's all for now. I have 2 other blogs to publish tonight. 


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Not even sure where to start with this post. So, I guess I will just say what I always say, enjoy your life, time passes far quicker than you think.

    Be happy, have fun, live righteously and all things will work out. No need to think about Oprah or Bill's showers of cash, you can be happy and do many good things without it!

    ReplyDelete