Sunday, July 17, 2011

Best Friends.

Living at home this summer as made me realize, I have all I need right here.

"If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are." -Relient K

My heart truly lies with my parents. And a little sliver of it is in Mendoza, Argentina. OK. A big sliver.

As much fun as it is to do stuff with friends. I don't need 100 friends to be happy. It has been the summer of my dreams in a lot of ways, but in a lot of ways it has been the exact opposite. It depends on my mood. I am more often than not very happy here. But, as in most situations, my bad moods seem to overpower the good ones. Not bad moods. Bad moments. I don't know what I will do next summer. It's in the air. But, I have time. Thank goodness.

Anyway... I have 5 best friends. Their names are (in all honesty and not in that cheesy kinda way), Linda, Paul, Chase, Hayden and Blake.

I love my parents. I love my brothers. I think we really are unique in how close we are. And how well we all get along. But, I could be wrong. I have people who love me unconditionally and I know I love them like crazy. They are very much so, some of my best friends.

 I've blogged about my family before... so here are the most recent pictures.
I love him. I look up to him. My husband WILL be just like him. 
Call me a daddy's girl or whatever, but I love him. He is everything I want in a husband. He is kind, he is loving and he is easy to talk to. No one is quite like Paul Giler. NO ONE. I miss him terribly at school. don't voice it as much. But, I do. I know I am who I am today because of him. In more than one way. He is an excellent man, a wonderful father and a beautiful example.

I love my parents. Very dearly. I can tell them anything. I have no secrets or shame with them. I can fart in their bed, eat far too big of bites and tease them relentlessly. I can tell them every detail of my weekend activities and I can be far too honest with them. Something I KNOW very few of my friends can say. My parents are unique. I love them as parents. And I love them as friends.

However, my mom is my best friend. Through the thick and thin she is always there. I love you. We may not be twins. We may not be schoolyard pals. But, we are best friends. We are very much a like in our differences. She is wonderful and every bit the woman I aspire to be. I look up to her. I love everything about her. From her high heels to her "sermons" (life lesson seminars she has been known to give to her children), she is my mom. I am HER girl. Something no one else can say. :) Lucky huh?





The Giler's, together we make a family. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet, I love you too. I hope our family is not unique, and that many people are as fortunate as we are.

    I use to tell your dad I wanted a little girl that looked just like him, and well it would appear that is just what I got!

    You have plenty of time to decide about next summer. You can do whatever you want, except go to Argentina:)!

    I am very blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete