Monday, March 28, 2011

Festival of Colors... Flowers and Other F Words! :)

The Festival of Colors!! What to say about it? It was way Fun! I had a blast. It really is such a random thing to do. But, it's kind of really cool.

Basically For Holi Krishna (It is a Hindu holiday), they celebrate with a Festival of Colors. You buy the chalk (2 dollars a bag) in a variety of colors. They have various "throwings" throughout the day. Every 2 hours to be exact. We drove up and got there around 2, we stayed until about 4. At 2 we were walking up to the Temple, on this pathway and were immediately bombarded with color From the people leaving.
The Lotus Temple in Spanish Fork!

Kar, Mariss and Me... Before we had even opened our bag to begin throwing!

:) Making our way through the crowd!
Mariss, Chase and Will
So, little did we know we would soon be splashed with millions of colors! As you go through the pictures notice how the top level of chalk, the color of it is constantly changing! Pretty cool! It is the only holiday you can openly walk up to someone random and throw chalk in their Face. I had a blast. It was so Fun and I can't think of a better group of people to go with! (Me, Chase, Will, Mariss, Karlie, Nikole and Jenna. And Nikole's Friend Stuart!)

P.i.C's

Me, Mariss, Kar and Will

Chase, Nikole and Jenna



Mariss, Me and Kar

Note the color change?!

The boys!
Chase, Will and Stuart!

Me and Kar.
I look kinda naked huh?!

The Girls!!

Chase and Mariss. :)

Those are the ones before and during the Festival! It was exciting we were even there For the "burning of the witch." I guess they burn a Fake witch because she is the reason For the Festival? Who knows really? I just like throwing the chalk!!

Our car!!
Random boy, Chase, Kar, Mariss, Me and Will! 

Me and Will. We look so strange. 
Needless to say... our clothes, well our white t-shirts are permanently pink. Well worth it though. :)

Last week... I came home after lifeguarding. I had had a pretty decent day. But, had a lot on my mind. I am having a rough time in school this semester. Stats has really put a downer on my whole attitude. It makes me Feel so dumb after walking out of every class. And I hate it. Not to mention the class I thought I would enjoy (American Heritage) is going well. I am learning the material. But, there is SO much covered, no study guide and no review. Basically no way to know what exactly to study. I have been down a lot because of school. But, Will has been a good anchor and influence.

I try to keep it inside, my Frustrations with school I mean. Because, I know even with the studying I will be doing For Finals, I won't have the grades I had anticipated. And certainly not the grades that I think I deserve. I try hard. But, my GPA and grades will not reflect that. Which is probably what is most frustrating. I don't know. Ugh. But, no one really knows or knew about any of that because I don't really like to complain and make it seem like my life is so hard because there is much worse happening around the world. And I have it amazing compared to 99% of the world. I should be happy.

But, I came home From lifeguarding to Find:


Sitting on my bed with one of the nicest notes I have ever read. You can guess they were From Will. He is such a sweet guy and I am very lucky to have met him. 

So we have the Festival of colors and Flowers. For the final F word... We have Fun! Fun is not the right word. Ha. Jealous is more of the right word. Or envious. Ariana, my roommate, flew home with her boyfriend this weekend. After hearing about how much Fun she had and how good it was to go home and just be with Family... I was insanely jealous! I wish that was possible For me too. But, such is life I guess. Anyway, I have things to do! Lifeguarding was way good today. We learned a lot. Will came and walked home with me and we ate dinner at Panda Express. After spending 4 hours in the water of non-stop swimming I was starving! Now, onto working on things that need to get done. Love you. 

:) Notice how I capitalized all the "F" words in this? Clever?! I thought so... 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is the small acts of kindness that menat the most. It is nice to know that Will nothiced you were discouraged and put effort into brightening your day. Such thoughtfulness is always a sign of a tender heart. Thank you Will for filling in for me!

    Not so sure the color Festival would be For me! It looks like you guys all had Fun.

    Keep your chin up, and keep working hard, because that's what it takes hard work, and a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete