Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SKB- Special Kids Boys

I'm not allowed to give out any names so, I'll be using nicknames when I refer to certain kids!

Today we went to an Orphanage for some boys who are some of the kindest, sweetest and most loving people you will ever meet.

Danielle was not feeling very well so we left a little early. But, the boys were happy to see us and of course we were happy to see them.

We kicked around a soccer ball. Well, me and one of the boys did. The boy in the black shirt. We played for a little while (which mostly consisted of him kicking the ball and me playing "goalie"). I loved it. They are a lot less high maintenance than the toddlers so, it was a good break.

The highlight of the trip was the cat (el gato). He ended up being covered in colored bubbles because the boys kept holding him with their dyed hands. It was pretty fun. El gate was scared but, he was a trooper and the boys loved him! (Except I think it was a girl from what the neighborhood kids said?)

All the wonderful children I have gotten to meet have been such special people. They all have a story to tell and love you in spite of your differences, the language barrier and the color of your skin! I LOVE IT HERE. I love the people, the culture, the other volunteers, but most importantly these sweet sweet children.

:) El gato!





The girls in the background are just neighborhood kids! (McCall is the girl in white)


futbol :)





<3

My soccer buddy! :) 

:) <3

And one last picture of the kitty. It was teeny. This is for Mariss. :)

3 comments:

  1. Any city that has so many cute orange houses is ok in my book! The boys look very nice and it is great that you are enjoying them so much.

    Looks like a really fun city and I am sure you are learning a lot about it and the culture. Keep up the hard work, I am sure they love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this for you so much!!! also i am the tiniest bit jealous :) they seem like angels!!! i want to meet them and pet cats and play soccer!!! ok anyways enjoy it love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. soccer woot woot! :) haha those kids look absolutely precious! sounds like you are having a fantastic time!! so I was looking at the landscape pictures on the newest post...yep here would be the one exception when landscape pictures are great!! :) love you chica! and hey el gato...new Spanish vocab?! ;) loving it!

    ReplyDelete