Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another Birthday Post!

Today's my best friend's birthday... for those of you who don't know who that is... here's a couple hints:
  1. She’s about… 5’4"
  2.   She has had blonde hair, blonde and brown hair, brown hair and now a shade of auburn/red. And the funny thing is… she can pull them all off and still looks better than 99.9% of the population. (I am the .01% Occupy.)
  3. She’s kind of a big deal. She’s been known to hang out with A-list celebrities like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Ke$ha (on a good day). 
  4.  She used to be obsessed with skulls… nowadays I see less of skulls and more of peace signs.
  5. She’s got an infectious laugh and personality. Like if she’s happy so is everyone else who comes in contact with her.
  6. She loves cats. You can see her eHarmony video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc 
  7. She’s fun. But, not like fun. She’s like REALLY fun.
  8. She loves EVERYTHING. I mean I think I like a lot of things… but she loves EVERYTHING!
  9. She’s smart. She’s double majoring.
  10. She’s got two awesome parents. Brenda and Terry. You may have heard of them. Brenda is currently running in the 2012 election to be Mayoress of Uintah. Her slogan goes something like this (if I remember correctly)… “Changing Uintah, one wrinkled shirt at a time.” And Terry makes delicious homemade snacks at every single one of her conventions, so make sure you drop by for the next one. Millgate Family 2012 woot woot.

Mariss is my very best friend. I want you to think of your best friend… and then think of Marissa. Now think back to your best friend. They aren’t as good as mine, and we both know it.

There’s always that one person you NEED to have in your life who you can tell everything to. Who you can be 100% yourself with. Who never judges you regardless of what you say, do, wear, eat or tweet. You have to have that person who you can fight with, laugh with, cry with and lounge with all in a span of about 20 minutes. You have got to have that person you can sing in the car at the top of your lungs with, record it, laugh harder and repeat. But, it’s perhaps most important that you find your bosom buddy, dearest friend, soul mate and hang on to them. But, not much hanging is required because you already know that through the thick and thin, when you need someone to lean on, or help you up they are already there.

I’m lucky. Cause I found that best friend. It’s my Cuz.

I can honestly remember thinking to myself when I was 8 years old how cool I thought my cousin was. I mean really, I started playing basketball because she did. And now I love it and I love playing. I remember thinking she walked on gold. I would sing in a funny voice, or make a funny face and she'd laugh and say do it again... and I would. Cause I was like "I knew it was better to be in the plastics, hating life, than to not be in at all." Or maybe that was Lindsay Lohan either, way I loved hanging out with my cousin.  And then I got a phone in 8th grade. She was there when I got it and one of the first few people I texted. I thought her use of the word "bomb" and that FuNkY wAy she'd write some texts was like SO cool. Freshman year we spent Thanksgiving at her house. Even though I spent a little more time with Grams than Mariss... I was finally one of the old kids. And therefore certifiably cool (in my own awkward way). I loved that she wanted to know about my boyfriend, Ben, and how school was going and I was willing to talk. And then it happened. We went to Litchfield. Bullfrog happened. The Wizard and I. A trip to New York. New Year's at her house. Kiawah. Spiders. Shells (said in that way only she can). Gnashing of teeth at night. Bowling. Go Karts. Double dates. Snowboarding. Dorm sleepovers. Triple dates. Set-ups. Phone calls. Constant Texts. Cruises. Beach Trips. And laughing at jokes that are only funny to us. And you know what... the next thing I knew, my cousin was my best friend.

But, it's more than that. I grew up with 3 wonderful, almost perfect brothers. And they are so very good to me. But, for the longest time I longed for a sister. Girls just click. They talk about boys, care about the way they look and can stay up for hours talking. I don't have a biological sister but, I do have one with the same DNA as me.

I've got my cuz. My PiC. And she IS my sister. We may not have the same last name, but we are in every sense of the meaning: "A single soul, dwelling in two bodies."

So happy birthday to the very best friend I have. I can't wait for what the future brings. I can't wait to catch the bouquet at your wedding, for you to bring your husband to mine, for future family vacations, to make sure our kids are as close as we are, to go to their graduations together, basketball games, dance competitions and piano recitals; to talk on the phone as we both get busier, to make time to see each other... and to always remind you that I'm younger and your hair will get gray before mine. ;)
 

You are the sister I've never had and always wanted. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
PiC#2
"There is no better friend than a sister... and there is no better sister than you."
(I thought about posting a video of me singing the song I wrote for you that details every memory I have of us on here but, it’s in Czechoslovakian so I didn’t.)

And maybe a walk down some of our not so better. Days... but, a better picture (more recent) to come.






4 comments:

  1. Just an FYI, I tried really, really hard to get you a sister, but I guess the Lord wanted you to have 3 brothers and knew that you and Marissa would need each other!

    Seems like things have a way of working out, as Marissa is a wonderful young woman and has set a great example for you. I know that the 2 of you will be lifelong friends and share many happy, and tender moments together.

    A big shout out to her for her birthday and an even bigger shout out for being such a great friend to you. Not to mention a totally awesome niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like kindred spirits to me! I'm happy you have such a good friend and "sis".

    Happy Birthday Marissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CuZ!!! every time i read this i cry...its just inevitable! Seriously the best gift I have ever gotten. Thanks for making me feel so special, and I am beyond lucky to have you and call you my BF and sis!! PiC4LiFe!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are just too CUTE!!!! It is awesome to have a large extended family and you two are definately lucky to have such a wonderful friendship. I love watching you two together. I think you are both AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete