Thursday, March 29, 2012

Passing...

7:30pm.

It's quiet. There is noise from the street that penetrates my apartment windows but, other than that... silence. There is a void I am trying to fill. I log on Facebook in hopes to lose myself in the status', pictures and posts of my many online friends. When that doesn't work... I open up my blog and I write.

Today... less than an hour ago my grandfather passed away. I don't do well with death. In fact it takes a few hours for it to ever sink in.

My mom sent me a text today that said they thought he would pass today. I cried a little as I walked into work. But, I wanted to maintain my composure and so I quickly fought back the tears and walked up the stairs to my office in the Eyring Science Center.

But, the tears always come. And just as I knew they would... they have.

I don't wish he hadn't died. He is free from pain and earthly care. I know he is meeting our loving Savior and that he returned honorably. He lived a life and left a legacy.

I love you Grandpa Sammons. Thank you for what you taught me, for playing an active role in my life and for living in a way that magnified your beliefs. You are an example. And I cannot wait to see you again. You will be missed, but your life will be celebrated. Of that I am absolutely certain.

I love you.

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking and praying for you,Chase and your mom all week. I'm glad your grandpa held on long enough for all of you to be together.

    The Savior's teachings and gift makes death tolerable. I miss my mom pretty much everyday and now I know that it won't be that bad when it comes. She'll be waiting. And so will your Grandpa.

    Sleep tight. I love you. Pray always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sweetie pie! Can't wait to see you tomorrow and just give you a hug. He loved you and was always bragging about how pretty and smart you are. He loved you and you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete