Friday, November 12, 2010

Journal Entry 4

Einstein did not believe in God, but he did believe in what he called “cosmic awe.” Have you ever experienced “cosmic awe”?  When?


Me and Nikole braving the cold for our science review.




Einstein was a brilliant man. But his disbelief in God only shows how even the most intelligent people can be quite ignorant. To blame the creation of the universe and all its many wonders on science and chance is crazy. But, I suppose cosmic awe is just another name for miracles? And are miracles not only further proof of a Heavenly being watching over us from above?

Jenna, Me and Ashley. 
Cosmic awe was described by Einstein as: a devout humility before the harmony in nature. I’m assuming since this is in fact my journal that I am not required to cite my information. So, I got that from a website on the internet.

I have experienced cosmic awe though. Every time I look up at the stars in the sky I am amazed at the beauty that they reflect. I love when I am able to see a shooting star. We have a planetarium on campus that I have visited and it is like the coolest thing ever. You can go up on the roof and look through these telescopes that the astronomy majors have positioned at certain things. When I went I was able to see Jupiter and its rings, a nebula, the moon and of course many stars. It was amazing to think of all the countless galaxies just like ours that exist out there.

It was one of the cooler things I’ve been able to witness in my life. I love nature in general though. I love to take pictures of it. I love the way the sun hits the water, the colors of the leaves as they change, the way the world looks after it’s just rained and the mountains as they go from green with trees to white with snow. I am always in constant awe at just HOW beautiful our world is. Being out here at school and away from what I am used to seeing has opened my eyes to how truly ingenious our Father in Heaven must be. This world is not only beautiful, it’s perfect. It really has something for everyone. And I love it all.

I think about how pretty our world is when I walk across campus. I miss the way North Carolina looks. But, 
Jenna, Me, Ammon
Michael and Ashley
After the CES Fireside on Sunday.

I love the way Utah looks.

Maybe it’s because I love taking pictures. Or maybe it’s because I am in love with sunsets and sunrises. Whatever it is, I love everything that we have on this earth. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I drive and just look around in wonder, the world is a wonderful, beautiful miracle from God!

    ReplyDelete