Monday, November 28, 2011

Hair.

So, here's the deal. I wanna cut my hair. And not just a little cut... a BIG cut. I want to cut it really short. But, I am really debating it. Because what if I look ugly. Or fat. Or ugly and fat. Sure there are worse things than that... but, those are pretty bad things? Right? I dunno.

Anyway, I wanna do it. And I really wanna do it. And I keep telling people that I am. And you know what... I talked to this girl about it the other day. She overheard my concerns of looking ugly, fat or well... like Ellen. Any way moving on, she had a cute pixie cut and said she loved it. She said that there are 2 things I needed to know first:

  • Get some earrings. You are your face. You have no hair to hide behind. So, cute earrings are key. I think I need to work on getting more cute earrings. 
  • Be prepared to chant. Self esteem doesn't always come in a rich supply for girls. So, there are some mornings where she has to wake up and say to herself "I am pretty. I am pretty. I am pretty." Over and over again. No matter if you're head cheerleader or the girl sitting in the stands (Thanks TSwift for the inspiration) you can relate to waking up with a little less then "average" self confidence. On more than one occasion. Or maybe that's just me. 
Anyway, she also said that you should give yourself 3 reasons why you want to cut your hair. That way, you have those to reflect on. And if anyone says "you had such pretty hair! Why did you cut it!!" You have at least 3 reasons on hand that are honest and important to you. So, here are my 3:

  1. Am I only allowed to have short hair when I am a mom? Why can't I cut it now?!
  2. It will teach me something new. A few things. First, to appreciate me, for me. Second, to use make up to my advantage. More than I do now. Third, how to do a new style of hair. 
  3. My hair has always been relatively long!
  4. Who do I have to impress for the next... couple of months/year? No one. 
  5. I really really want to.
  6. I have a pretty enough face. Right?
  7. I want to do something new with my hair. I want to cut it! 
  8. It's only hair... it will grow back!
I guess my biggest concerns are these: my face is too round, and my hair is not right for it. So, after I consult with my hairdresser Falon to determine that: my hair is not too curly, frizzy or thick for this cut... and that I won't look like I have a dead rat on my head... Consider it cut. 

Here are some people you may know who can rock a short cut:

Ashley Greene. Or... Alice from Twilight. 


The prettiest girl EVER! Emma Watson.

Ginnifer Goodwin. We have a similar face.

So, I would do one of her cuts. Most likely. 

She looks cute. And hey! No earrings. Crazy. 

Halle... Hally? Berry... Barry?

Not my favorite picture of her. But, she used to be classy. Katie Holmes.

Kiera Knightley. Pretty too. 

Natalie Portman. 

Literal rocker... Pink. 

Oh... and just Victoria Beckham... Posh Spice.

Two of my favorite celebrities... or role models, if you will. 
I guess my first item of business should be to pick a cut. Right? Isn't that how you proceed with such big decisions? After all... this decision is like the biggest/most life changing decision I've made! Second only to choosing a college and a major...

I promise a Thanksgiving post relatively soon. 

6 comments:

  1. I second what Aeryn said!

    All of your points are very valid, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea and I love you! You have given a lot of thought to the idea for some time and what the heck? That cutest ever figure and face can carry it!

    I love the fact that you have posted photos of all brunettes! Good idea. I love the first one so much, man I would do that if I had good hair!

    I say go for it. I'm pretty sure you would love it. Your mom can give you good styling tips.

    Can't wait for the Thanksgiving post and I'm really looking forward to seeing you at Christmas...just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ginnifer Goodwin's most. Longer on top so you do have more options for style and can throw an accessory in there if you wanted to also!I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok sophia! lets make the appointment! i will go with you cause its scary either way plus you will need the immediate confidence boost/ appraisal! and you need someone to tell you its alright not saying you will look ugly but just that if i was cutting that much hair off i would be needing a reassuring voice :)haha pretty much i just want to go with you! :) so lets make the appointment!

    ReplyDelete