Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Break!!

I want to be more creative and less "loggish," but how do you tell about an elapsed period of time without it coming off as a planner or schedule of your day to day life? Easy, you post pictures and tell a story about them. Right? I dunno. But, who cares that is how I am doing it!


The above pictures are of my mom, Marissa, me and my Aunt Brenda. :) We all were wearing black except Mariss who must not have gotten the memo ;) and took some pictures. Someone had the brilliant idea that our heads should all touch... so you get the first picture of me making it so each of our heads touch. Those 3 women are some of my closest family, friends and supporters (cheerleaders?). I love them more than I could ever write about.




Oh brother! Oh brother. Oh brother. I have to say it 3 times because... I have 3. I love these guys! Having Hayden and Blake out for even just a short period of time was much needed! I miss them all the time! They are wonderful boys. We toured Rexburg because Hayden may be at school there next year! He already got in! Stud huh? And Chase, is one of my best friends. He is always there when I need him. I loved having Living Prophets with him and being able to hear his testimony on a daily basis. He is an amazing man!





Me and my dad got to bond on Tuesday! I took a nasty fall snowboarding. First they thought I had a concussion, then they suspected a fractured C2 on my spine. All jibberish to me... but, it was enough to land me on a backboard and a fun ride in the ambulance! Party! :) My dad was so sweet and stayed with me the whole time. He has always been such a wonderful example of the type of man I hope to marry. He is also the very best man I know. And, I am sure he is up there on most everyone's list! I love him. I was able to receive a priesthood blessing from him and Chase. Afterwards the doctors came back... said "Wow! Nothing is wrong. We can give you the all clear!" And thus ended the bonding time that Chase, Me and my parents had shared. 



I guess the first picture should have come a little sooner. But, that is us snowboarding. It is missing Terry and Hayden. I know Terry took the picture... so I am confused as to where Hayden went?

I got a cute new sweater from H&M from my Mom. :) She's the best.

I went out for a night on the town with Mariss, a boy she "met" snowboarding and Tim. Tim and I went as friends, and guardians to protect my cousin if he turned out to be shady. Tyler was actually quite nice and the 4 of us had a good time. It was very bittersweet. I did have fun. But, memories came flooding back of William and our adventures at the Nicklecade and gallabanting nonsensically throughout Provo. Anyway, it was way fun! We went to dinner and I had greek for the first time... it was pretty good. Then we went laser tagging and played arcade games. It was actually a really good date idea for those of you who are looking to take that special someone somewhere fun for the holidays. ;)

I loved having my family come up. It's really sad without them just around the corner! I love being at college but, I do wish that they were closer than a 3 day car ride or a 300$ plane ticket away. Kinda stinks. They are amazing!! 

I loved having my mom there. Even if I was second best to someone else (sorry low blow? ;)  ) I absolutely loved every minute I had with her alone. 




I concluded my break with a trip to Salt Lake City to see the lights. It was for FHE on Monday night. I took these pictures cause they reminded me of my family. Because, at one point we were going to go see them together. They were beautiful!


The annual pink lights that remind me so much of my perfect mother. :) 

Other random facts from my break:
  • The Gantts and Martins also came and spent Thanksgiving at the Millgates. 
  • I got to meet Mariah for the first time!
  • The Gantts brought Georgia.
  • I was sick most of the break. Boo.
  • My mom made dumplings for the first time... they sound better than they look. And I am sure tasted amazing!
  • I went bowling, mini golfing and drove bumper cars... all in one day. A marathon event... yes. Well worth it? Strictly for the company!
  • I got to see Chantelle and her cute apartment.
  • I got to tour BYU-I and saw, kensington gardens and the mayan ruins. Didn't know they had those there did you?
  • I GOT TO SEE MY AWESOME FAMILY!!!
Christmas break can't get here soon enough! :) I miss them already. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Great account of the week. Sounds like a memory maker for sure, and Christmas is coming so soon I'm a bit freaked out! I'm soooooo behind.

    But...I'll see you then! Can't wait.

    What about the haircut?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great week, I loved it all, well except for...
    We all think we are second best to someone at some point and time. Sometimes it is true, most times it is not! These are all cute pictures, and it was wonderful to have us all together. Can't wait for Christmas!

    Oh, and your dad is pretty awesome. I would be thrilled if you married a man like him:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I am so awesome, how come no pictures of me? Oh, that's right I was taking all the pictures. Or most of them anyway as I left before Temple Square. It was great to see everyone together for sure. I am just sad our hotel was not as "classy" as the one in Atlanta! You know the one... Love you Sophia, and see you soon. Nice talking with you today.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete