Monday, November 28, 2011

The Worst Thing...

The worst part about being a girl... is well being a girl.


You're moody and you over think and analyze things. Which is super lame cause you read/hear/think one little thing and BAM! There goes your whole day. Your whole mood... and you get stuck on that one thing for the rest of the day. Or week. And you never know what was actually meant or how it all even started because you've taken it down this path with no return. Whether its a text, email or phone conversation... consider it over analyzed. Because you're a girl. Boo.

You think every thing in your life should be like a movie. Or maybe that's just me and my subconscious desire to be on the "big screen." Like today... as I walked across campus I had this elaborate "Daydream" if you will about how I was a secret agent... but like I was a secret agent IN A MOVIE. So, I planned out my moves and my outfit changes and camera angles all in my head. As I walked across campus in the freezing cold air.

You see couples and you think of "him." You all have had a "him." I don't care who you are. Whether he broke your heart, you broke his, you've never actually spoken to him, you're hopelessly in love or just have a crush on him... he's there. And he's not just there in one couple. He's there in EVERY SINGLE couple. Quit holding hands on campus... you're so cute I could vomit. Too much? Probably.

You listen to songs... and this is probably true for both genders... that bring back memories. And you listen to them on repeat. And you sing your heart out. And then you don't feel any better or you feel tons better. Normally it's the first and you just sit and over analyze and sing, or cry, or laugh, or smile, or think, or just sing because you're a girl.

Drama follows you everywhere. It's true. And I hate drama. But, every group has that one person who kinda feeds or loves drama... and it's typically a girl. And you think you may have escaped that person... or that phase in your life... but you would be wrong. Drama. Yuck.

You miss home. Boys do too. But, girls love their moms. And it's harder for them. Because if you're a girl... what girl knows YOU better than any other girl. Chances are it's your mom. Just admit it. I miss home.

You love school, and weekends, and hanging out and you want time to sit and linger, but you also just want time to speed up and for it to be the exact day and time you want when you want. And you know what... you can't. Time moves when and how it wants. And that's that. So sit down girl, shut up and enjoy the ride.

You can't just sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride... because guess what you're a girl. And if everyone isn't enjoying the ride then chances are you aren't either. Cause you want everyone to be having fun and doing well. Your happiness doesn't depend on others, cause you know you get to choose to be happy (or happiness is a choice/state of mind/being) but, it's just not as much fun if EVERYONE isn't having fun.

You have to do your hair. And make up. And dress cute. Why? Because Vogue, Glamour and People magazine says you have to. Otherwise you get categorized in the "what NOT to look like section." And you know what... I was tired this morning. So, I decided to stick it to the man. I threw on my bedazzled/rhinestone jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt and a hoodie. And my hair was pulled into a pony tail. And guess what. I still looked cute. Dang it.

Being a girl... is NOT the worst thing in the world... all the time. ;) Kidding. A more positive one later. Just needed to vent!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am out of breath, after reading that! I have to admit it made me smile, you are a nut! If only I could throw on a pair of jeans, hoodie, and pull my hair up and STILL look cute, I don't think so!

    You are so right, girls are full of drama and yes, your mom knows you best! So remember this -you are one awesome girl and our past makes us who we are. So keep singing cuz I bet there is a cute young man in Argentina singing, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time will fly...even for girls. Then you will find yourself wishing it hadn't or thinking, "I should have enjoyed that more." For instance I met you as a Senior...and now you are heading into your 2nd semester of your 2nd college year....how did that happen? And your parents are still freshly remembering you as a baby. But that seems to be the curse of college. Wanting to be done, to muscle through it and yet make the most of it. I have to admit though...as much as I LOVED BYU/college, I really really LOVE being a mom and married to my sweat-heart. Plus...not dealing with as much drama as college roommates/friends can cause!! :) So I hear ya on the vent!!! Just remember, You are in the best place to achieve your best life!

    ReplyDelete