Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend in SLC!

So... this is mainly pictures.

Friday... Genni, Hailey and I went up to Snowbird Resort. Their friend was leaving on his mission and had a party up there. It was fun. Since we forgot our bathing suits, while everyone else was swimming we made videos in the room. Then, we headed to Jenna's brother's house to meet up with her and do crazy things there...

Genni, Me, Hailey at Snowbird

Basically... I love her. 

It snowed while we were up there! SO AWESOME!


Saturday... We slept in. FINALLY. I needed a day where I could sleep past 6:30-7:00am. I was DYING. And it was much needed. We did craziness around the house till about 2 when we started to get dressed and ready. Hailey went to her house for a hair appointment so, Genni, Jenna and I went to the Gateway and went shopping and then out to dinner. Then we came home to watch a movie in the home theatre and involve ourselves in more craziness.

On the way to the Gateway. 

Genni and Jenna in the SNOW.

Me and Genni. I dunno what that spot on my shirt is... Snow probably. ;)

Jenna and Me. :)

Freezing in the SNOW!

Olive Garden!!

I made them take a bathroom pic. 

Cousins. 

Waiting for our table!!


Sunday... the clocks got set back, so even though my body didn't let me sleep SUPER late... I still got an extra hour. That's how that works right? Anyway, Genni and Hailey left around noon because Genni was having a roommate dinner. Me and Jenna cleaned up the house, got ready and then went to Temple Square. It was actually really cool. Because we went to the South Visitors center and saw 2 guys talking to the Sister Missionaries. They looked involved... When the sisters walked away we saw the guys smiling and talking and we thought for sure they were going to follow the missionaries and ask them on a date... When they turned to go after them... we decided to follow the boys. Upon seeing us the quickly turned around and this is about how our conversation started/went:

Ken: Are you Mormon too?
Me: Yeah. We are.
Ken: Are you missionaries like them?
Jenna: No... we aren't.
Trent: So, then why are you here? Do you live around here?
Me: No. Actually we go to BYU up in Provo. But, we are here visiting her brother.

The conversation progressed and they started asking about the Temple, missions, marriage, tithing (they asked how much it cost to be a member of our church. haha), and then proceeded to topics I've combated before like God being an alien on another planet, NO caffeine at all and of course polygamy. They actually seemed genuinely interested and were really funny.

At one point they asked if you had to be cute to go on a mission/be in temple square because all the girls here were really cute (including us). I laughed and told him no. And he said well, there are a lot of cute girls here, it's a pretty good ratio. Then I told him that the sister missionaries can't date. So, he was bummed cause they were hoping to set up a further meeting with the cute sisters from Australia.

It was nice to be out of Provo and finally talk to someone about the church who doesn't know. They were very sweet guys.

Anyway, moving along. Now I am back in Provo. And that was my weekend. These next pictures are ones me and Jenna took at Temple Square and surrounding parks. As you're about to see... I wasn't prepared to stay so late on Sunday... So, I have basically the same outfit on as I wore on Friday. But, I only wore it for like 4 hours Friday. So, judge me if you will. ;) But, I added a scarf... that helps right?

Me waking up to the love of my life.
Did you know she smiles in her sleep? Like for real though. 

Modeling her fresh new outfit. Ha.

In front of the Conference center. 

Modeling as always. ;)

The cover of "hipsters" weekly. :)


Jenna. On a bridge. In a park. 

Conference Center!!

Roommates. :)


My mom gave me the side braid idea and I'm LOVIN' it. 


SO CUTE. ;)


SNOW!

A hipster. (This is for you BRAT.)

We look good huh?










I love Fall. I want it back! 







Senior Pics. 

My raining leaf picture never worked. 


Narnia!!!


LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is what I call a photo session! How did Jenna feel about taking Will's place in the day of photo's???

    You girls sure are cutie's and yes a scarf is always a good addition, to most any outfit!

    Posing as sister missionaries so you could talk to cute boys, definitely a new one in my book;).

    Glad you had a nice weekend with some really neat friends/cousin away from BYU!

    ReplyDelete