Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Extended Family. (And a shout-out home)

I dont know about any of your families, but my family is THE best. I have a wonderful mother who is more than I can ever hope to be and an extremely kind and loving father. Needless to say, my parents are better than YOURS (whoever is reading this at the time. ;) ) I'm totally kidding, well kinda. My three brothers are also beyond awesome as well. Chase and I have been getting to hang out a lot at school which I really do enjoy. I have missed him these past two years and am excited we are still good friends. Hayden, is my bud always and forever. He is too sweet and I treasure the friendship we have as well. He is an awesome little brother and an even better friend! Blake, where can I start? Blake... Well, he ALWAYS seems to have my back (even when i'm wrong). And I miss having him around to ride around in my car and listen to music with... I miss my family back home too much! (AND I would totally be in the wrong if I didnt mention my twin.. Aeryn "A-Rod" Emmerich (Giler). I miss her so much.. and more often than not I find myself wishing the two of us were at school together. It's just not the same without her!) I wish I could have like even just 3 hours to visit my family back home, because sometimes all you need is a BIG hug from the people that love you most! (Luckily I have Chase here for that. :) )

My Wonderful Family
Blake, Me, Dad, Mom, Chase and Hayden
The Best Friend Who I Miss ALL too much

And! Onto the reason for the post my incredible extended family!! :) Recently (last week) The Sammons from Arizona flew in, to bring James to the MTC (he's going to Seattle Washington!) The Millgates drove down from Uintah, and we all met at Brick Oven! It was so good to get to see everyone again, especially James since he is leaving for TWO years!!
Paul, Chase, James, Me, Marissa
It was delicious and I was extremely happy to get to see Hugh one last time before he's gone for TWO whole years! It was a lot of fun and a much needed get away fromt my already crazy college schedule! :)
Mariss, Aunt B, Chase
Me, Mariss, Chase
The only picture I am missing is the group one we took before we all left! So, expect that one soon! My new "family" aka my roommates, decided to go out to eat together! Two of them (Holly and Amy were out and couldn't come.) So, Nikole, Ashley, Jenna and I all went to a cute little place near campus called Zupa's! They have REALLY good soup, salads and paninis! If you're ever in the Provo area and looking for a good soup, salad and/or panini definately look up that place! It was a fun time to spend with each other NOT on campus! We had a lot of fun and bonded over singing to Ke$ha in the car! Try not to be too jealous.
Ashley, Nikole, Me, Jenna
I had a weird setting I forgot to turn off..
Hence, the purple highlights we all have in our hair.
 Over labor day weekend I had the privilege of having my Cuz or PiC, come down and go to the BYU game with me and Chase! However, her ticket was difficult to obtain. It took many days of asking around (I even asked one of the random cute guys walking around on campus.. Me- "Excuse me do you know where the MARB is? Him- Ya! I have class there in an hour. Can I walk you to it? Me- "Sure! What's your name? Him- "..." He said a name, but I no longer remember it. We proceeded to talk about school, he is a sophomore preparing for his mission. Me- "So, you excited for the game Saturday?" Him- "Ya! But I can't go.." Me- (VICTORY!) "Oh why not?" Him-"Im going out of town.." Me- "Oh ya.. well I have a cousin who wants to come to the game, what are you doing with your ticket?" Him- "Oh no way! I totally just gave it to my sister, she wanted to go! She just graduated.." Me- "Oh. Well that's cool!" Him- "Ya, you coulda had it though.. but, I already gave it to her." Me-"That's totally ok!" Him- "Ok. Good. Thats the MARB. I'm headed to the library though.. Sophie right?" Me- "Ya! It was nice to meet you!" Him- "Definately! See you around?" Me- "Ya. Thanks again!" Him- "No problem.") The things you do for the people you love. I finally obtained the ticket by asking one of my new friends for it. He wasn't going to be able to make it. Somewhere along the way though lines were blurred and I think he thought he was giving ME the ticket. He asked if I would go on a date with him sometime (I think in exchange for the favor.) I agreed. However, I dont know him well. And well.. nevermind. Like I said. The things you do for the people you love. She got to come to the game, and i'm going on a date with this boy who really isn't my type. But he was really nice. So, he'll make a good friend i'm sure.
Chase, Me and Mariss at the Game!
It was an awesome first game and I had a blast. It was Me, Chase, Mariss and two other guys Dave and Russell, both who Chase was friends with before his mission.
Our friends. A couple in their 50's. Yes, the man does have paper in his hat to block the sun.
And YES the woman did come (and leave) the stadium with her hat on SIDEWAYS.
What?
After the game we came back to my apartment and talked for awhile before deciding we wanted to go out to eat! From left: Mariss, Nikole, Dave, Chase, Me and Russell. We picked up my roommate and had a really fun time laughing and talking at In N' Out!!
Sunday: We went to Chase's for fast sunday! Sadly no pictures were taken. But we did have a delicious dinner of lasagna, salad, rolls and brownies. This time the group was Chase, Mariss, Dave, Russell, Nichelle and Me. We laughed a lot and finished the evening with the movie "The Proposal" and a marathon of funny YouTube videos. Thrill seekers I know.
Various photos from the weekend:
Driving to get pizza and Chase. Well not driving. Sitting in the parking lot. Haha
Sitting in the Nordstrom dressing room as Mariss tries on work-out clothes.
Right before the movie "Takers" which actually turned out better than expected.
Needless to say, my family (extended and immediate) are an amazing part of my life and I love them all like CRAZY!! I am SO SO SO lucky to have the Millgates (Aunt B, Mariss and Uncle Terry) so close and enjoy getting to see them as much as I do! :) They are so good to me and Chase and I cant wait till I can go up there and eat a REAL meal, take a REAL shower and enjoy some company with my favorite family from Utah!! OH! And today is Aunt B's birthday! So HaPpY BiRtHdaY AuNt B! LoVe YoU! And now... schoolwork. :/

2 comments:

  1. That dad of yours does sound totally awesome! Love you Sophia and miss you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having fun, Miss Sophie! We sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete