Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Short Blurb

My weekend was really fun. :) Friday night I went on a date with Tyler. We had dinner at his dorm (THAT HE (and his cousin) FIXED!! ) The 3 of us had dinner (Me, Tyler and Thomas (the cousin), his date called in sick a little bit before dinner :( which was a bummer cause he's really cute and very nice.) But, we ate and then Tyler and I went to the Planetarium and got to look through all the telescopes and up in the dome/observatory deck it was SO cool!! We went back to his house and watched a movie and then came back to my apartment and played ping pong with my roommate Jenna and two guys from my ward, Jacob and Jordan. After he left I went outside with Jenna and we hung out talking till like 2:30 am with some girls from our ward and Lewis (my new bff), Mitchell, Dustin, Paul (My home teacher) and a couple other guys. It was really fun.

Saturday I got up and got ready. And worked on A LOT of schoolwork. Me, Ashley and Jenna went over to Lewis' dorm and had popcorn with him and a couple of his roommates. Afterwards we 3 went over to Tyler's to watch the second half of the BYU game. :) It was fun. Except for we lost. Tyler and I made pancakes for all of us for lunch and we met up and talked to Chase and Ben Shamanis. Afterwards we went back to our dorm and the 3 of us (Jenna, Ashley and I) Made Jenna's brother a cake for his birthday! We met up with her brother, cousin and 2 girls that go here, Tyler and then went to see that new thriller Devil. It was alright. I spent most of the moving WAITING for it to get scary. But it was pretty jumpy. Then we all came home and just talked. Tyler and I got on google and google earthed our houses and neighborhoods and then facebook stalked some of the significant people in our life! After he left around 1 something we went back outside to talk to Lewis and the boys again. But I had to finish my lesson for sunday school.

Anyways..  :) This is supposed to be a short blurb and this week i have been extremely overloaded with homework! :( Which is NOT fun at all. Anyways, I started my tutoring at this local elementary school called Spring Creek Elementary. Its about a 10 min drive away from BYU. And I love the reason to use the car. :) I really enjoy driving stick! It's weird. My class is a second grade class! TOO CUTE.
But I go every Monday and Wednesday to help tutor math. Today I actually stayed for recess with the kids and played with them. They are all so cute! Monday I got to a table and was helping them with math.
Me: Ok, then any questions?
Lanie: Yes. Where were you born?
Me: North Carolina. It's on the WHOLE other side of the country.
Lanie: Oh. You're by China.
Me: No. Its still in the United States just far away.
Bekah: I know where you are! By England!
Me: No.. I'm.. Have any of you been to Florida? I'm by Florida.
Bekah: YES! Did you have to swim to get here?
(All the kids laugh)
Me: No.. We flew. In a plane. But any questions about math?
Lanie: Yes. Do you shop at the mall?
Me: Yes. (Is there anywhere else to shop?)
Lanie: I thought so. Your clothes look really expensive.
Me: Thanks! :) Now, anyone need help adding?
It made me miss Bella and Sebastian and their crazy/witty little sayings!! :) And subsequently, Fiona and her pirate face, Mia and the way she says my name.. (And Greta who doesn't even know me)...followed by Jessie, Molly, Timm and Sam. It was a tender moment. :)
To break up all the text some random pictures. All of the US Flag. Haha
Today I was grading papers... I got to a problem on Cesar's paper where the question was. "Pick a number from the box. Add 1 to it. Tell how you solved the problem." It looked like this.

7 8 3 5 6 1 (Random numbers in a box)       _+1=_ His answer 5+1=6. "I soled it bie thinking.Followed by his explanation: " Clever Cesar. Clever. I had to laugh a little and show the teacher. It was really cute. I also thought a lot about when I was that little. And watched as all of them played. I tried to be nice and talk to the boy with no one to play with but he denied me and wanted to draw instead. I guess i'm not as cool as I thought.



The best thing about playing at recess with a bunch of 7 year olds is that they think you're the best at everything. I played one-on-one basketball with a little boy named Tyler, I even got to show him how to shoot. Then bunches of kids came and I just rebounded for them. Then I went to play soccer with Miguel, Alejandro, and 2 boys from another class. Im pretty sure they were better than I am, but it was still a confidence booster to hear the other team groan when I joined the other kids team.. ;) However, I ended up playing with Irvin a little mexican boy. We kicked a ball around and talked about his new Halo legos. Its really nice to be liked by everyone. Even if they're seven. I miss those days. :) Anyways here's another picture of the school and then I have homework to attend to. I'll post again later this week promise. :) Till then!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice school! And is anyone surprised that these sweet kids like you, I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so neat that you are working with grade school kids! I'm sure that they are going to get to be big fans of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the family shout-out :) My kids (and Timm and I) miss you too. No wonder those kids love you!

    ReplyDelete