Friday, September 10, 2010

sWiTcHiN' Things UP a Bit!

Lets.. Start with Wednesday shall we?! If anyone really knows me they'd know that I am a ONCE decent basketball player as well as a former pretty good pianist. However, due to the fact that sometimes (for reasons that are UNCLEAR to me) I was unmotivated to practice. While it doesn't make sense to anyone especially me, I decided I missed both of those things! So! On Wednesday I decided to switch things up a little and practiced both piano and basketball for an HOUR each! Well piano was more of an hour and fifteen, and basketball a little more than an hour but who's counting! :) Rare? Just ask my mom! I haven't picked a ball up or sat down to play in MONTHS! It felt really good to do both. So, I made a silent commitment to myself to play piano for an hour once or twice a week! I'm not SUPER ambitious so i'll wait on the basketball goal! :)

Thursday, I went in and played piano for like 45 minutes! While Wednesday was a lot of Hymns and some sight reading of Jon Schmidt, today I did a couple of pieces from a book that has famous movie songs in it! It felt really good to rub the dust off my sight reading eyes and pick back up almost where I left off! I was surprised at how easy it all seemed to come back to me.. :) Thursday night I went to the soccer game (Women's). I felt some obligation to go since they were playing Katie Beck's school! LSU! Of course it didn't hurt that the cute guy from my ward, Terrell, asked me to go with him. It was a lot of fun and like 40 degrees. And guess who was in shorts. OH YA ME. He offered me his jacket but... He had on a short sleeve shirt and I didn't think that would be really nice of me to take his to wrap around my legs! Ha and to top things off they had shut the hot water off from 8am Thursday to 8am Friday. HOWEVER, we had discovered that sometimes we still got hot water. Earlier that evening Nikole had taken a shower and it was warm water. At like 10:30pm I undressed, turned on the shower and jumped in. Guess what happened. NO HOT WATER!! I was bathing in swimming pool water. I came out screaming,  freezing and dripping wet after taking a quick shower to Nikole laughing and saying "I hear it's good for your hair?" It better make my hair worthy of a Garnier Shampoo commercial after that pain.



Friday. Not much different than the others. No basketball. No piano. I did eat lunch with Chase and Nikole though. I am lucky. :) I love those two. And we all three get along really well. Nikole, Ashley and I went to the mall and I got my eyebrows done followed by shopping (which I NEVER do. Again switching things up! ;) ) Crazy huh?! When we got home we were a little on the rowdy side and decided to MAKE dinner. I had been craving REAL meat since as a starving college student I am a little deprived in that area. So together Nikole and I came up with a great recipe. It consisted of me standing over a frying pan with chicken, glancing in our cupboards and shouting ingredients. She of course picked out a few of her own. We then started 2 boxes of pasta roni (2 DIFFERENT KINDS to be creative. That was the theme for the meal). And began cooking. The chicken consisted of a lot of white wine vinegar, a lot of garlic salt, shredded cheese, butter, and a sprinkle of parsley. I cooked it to perfection (all my training finally paid off! ;)  ) We then combined the two to make an AWESOME pasta. Ashley joined in on the fun and made some crystal light to drink. Carrying on the theme when she left the room me and Nikole spiked it with orange juice, apple juice, and a little pineapple mango juice! And GUESS WHAT!! BEST MEAL EVER!! :) Try it if you dare!

From left to right:
White Wine Vinegar, Assorted Peppercorn, Pasta Roni 1 and 2, Garlic Salt, Parsley.
Middle Row:
Butter, Chicken, Cheese.
As this is the after shot the chicken is missing, the boxes are empty, we didn't use THAT much butter (less than half of whats shown) and the onion i threw in at the end is missing as well.

It was quite delicious. Next week were going to buy some ingredients and make a KILLER random soup.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! But, I am so proud that you got in there and did it. I knew you could. Wow, so many wonderful changes. First, playing the piano - be still my heart, second, playing basketball - doesn't a little exercise feel good and third, cooking and it turning out really good - I expected nothing less. I know getting aclimated has it's ups and downs but it sounds to me like you are off ot agreat start. Love and miss you, MOM

    ReplyDelete