Monday, February 7, 2011

Uncertainty.

School is going good. I have pretty good grades in my classes and am having a really good time. I love my FHE and my ward. I love my classes. I love this semester! It's a shame that it's going to end and all too soon.

I was thinking tonight at FHE, we went bowling, about the guys in my group. (Josh, Jon, Scott, William (from SC), and Alex). As I was watching them jump around and be crazy, talked with them and just have fun being goofy college kids I was thinking just how DIFFERENT their lives were going to be. Some, in just a couple months.

The boys I hang out with will be gone. They will be dressed in a suit and tie. I was kind of jealous at how quickly that change was going to come. I was kind of sad that I was losing ALL my guy friends. I was a little envious that many of them KNEW where they were going, and what they would be doing for the next two years. And I was hit with such a strong feeling of pride? I'm not sure of the right word. But, I knew those boys will be awesome missionaries. And I am uplifted by their excitement and desire to serve.

I don't really know what I want to do with my life. I got the STRONG (career test) back today. I knew I wanted to be a Communications Disorders major. But, then... all of the sudden I didn't know what I WANTED to do with that. What job will I want to do for the rest of my life?

I am full of uncertainty and indecision. I guess it's good that I have some time to just explore. But, there is so much pressure with jobs and the future that it's something hard to push to even the side of my mind.

Right now, I have to worry about housing. Yay.

Pictures from my wonderful weekend:

I love them :)





One of our more attractive pictures.

4 comments:

  1. You girls are silly! I am sure it would be super nice to be around "future missionaries" and feel their spirit. Just enjoy it while you can. No need to fret about what you want to be, there is time to figure that out, talk to people and research it. Work hard and it will come!

    Have you ever noticed that some of your fvaorite people are my favorite people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.
    Delicious Ambiguity.”— Gilda Radner

    for you...my friend :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures make me smile just thinking about you all taking them. I especially love the last picture of the two very "special" girls. Stay sweet and know that although every decision does have consequences, not every decision is unchangeable. You have a long and beautiful life in front of you! You will choose wisely I know. Life is a journey and not a destination - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the beauty of so many choices! There is an adventure around every corner and if you listen to the Spirit, you will know which direction is perfect for your life journey. And, you can have a lot of fun along the way when righteousness is the standard! You've got a hold on that one already. I love your photos and zest!

    p.s. I'll be hanging out with your mom this weekend!

    ReplyDelete