Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day! :)

So... Valentines Day was technically yesterday... but really and truly my Valentines Day started... Thursday. :)

There I was walking into my dorm after class when Marie tells me that I have a package waiting for me AND that it's in my room. Excited, I rush to see who it's from. AKA my WONDERFUL and loving mother! :)

I was having an off day! I went to my 10am class and
came home to get ready for REAL. But, Jenna was sick
so Nikole and I took her to the health clinic instead. :)

Me Posing with the box of goodies. :)
I thrust open the box and took out the bag to see all SORTS of awesome treats! :) There was my clothes, a new straightener, nail polish, jewelry galore and more love than a person could ask for! :) So, I had my Mom as my Valentine. She is the best and I love her more than all else! I am sure Susan helped pick out a lot o fthe stuff that was in there, so she too is a Valentine. :) There was also...
The most BEAUTIFUL wreath in all of BYU.
Courtesy of the lovely Jessie, and mailed to me
from my Mother. :) It is hanging next to Jenna's
Jackson Emery poster. 

So, yes, Jessie was also a Valentine as well. :) Thank you Mom, Susan and Jessie. All women who I look up to and admire.

Then today, I came home around 5pm to find a single rose sitting on my kitchen table addressed to me. (It's on the laptop in the picture but it originally was on the table).
Ignore the screen saver slideshow in the background. 

Needless to say at 6:25 I grabbed my coat and started on my "scavenger hunt." I wanted to take my camera and take pictures of each rose but, I forgot! So when I got home I arranged them in order and took a picture of them all.
There is a spot missing. It was one that was placed by a stop sign.
: / I guess I lost it in Anthon's car. (Anthon let us borrow the car to go out).
I followed the clues (I missed one the STOP look over there one). So, we had to go back and grab it. Ha anyways he was at the very end holding the 12th rose. After that we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. There was a little bit of a wait (20 min) so, we walked around the mall. After dinner we drove back, exchanged gifts and watched the movie 500 Days of Summer (part of my Valentine's day gift from him). I really REALLY did like the movie. It's not your typical love story, I mean it has a twist. But, it's good nonetheless.

Sam also came home sporting a FAKE engagement ring. She pulled a fast one on me and Jenna. I was in shock and could NOT believe he proposed and how crazy that was until she told me it was a joke. Jenna was also left an anonymous Valentine's package and a bouquet of flowers. We still don't know who it is from.

 Here is our combined flower arrangement:

Mine are on the right, Jennas on the left. 

My 12. :)

It was a good day and I so enjoyed gifts from all my Valentines: Mom, Susan, Jessie and Will. :)

3 comments:

  1. How fun! That was so nice of Will to do something creative, different and special with giving you the roses and taking you out! Another admirable quality, to add to his list!

    I am so happy you liked your clothes and jewelry, now, how about a few pictures of you wearing them! I always enjoy the end result, and as your mother, I never get tired of looking at pictures of you!

    Might I make a few suggestions, the wreath would be much cuter either hanging on your door or over your bed, it is a little too high. Your roses would be beautiful in their own vase. I guess, you should just go buy one,a good investment, for sure, as I am feeling there will be more flowers to come!

    I am thinking your second semester, is turning out quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I agree with your mom about the wreath. Both are good suggestions, of course. I'm glad you like it and I was happy to do it for you. I'm sure I never had such a thoughtful and creative Valentine's Day when I was at BYU...and probably not since then either, so count yourself lucky!
    We miss you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...so the wreath is a little high, but I'm liking the way you overlapped it!! And for the record, I have not been the recipient of such a wreath, even though I have requested such...

    And yes, I had a fun time selecting the jewelry with your mom! I can recall the days when we couldn't get you to wear any jewels!

    It's fun to read about such a creative valentine gift and I'm thinking this guy might be someone to keep around!

    I totally enjoyed the post. And you. And yes, more photos.

    ReplyDelete