Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fresh Start!

So. First day of classes. And I have officially declared my major. I did some research today on different majors and what all I wanted to do and here's what I came up with... Communications Disorders.


What is that might you ask?!




degree in communication disorders can lead to a satisfying and rewarding career in health care, medicine, research, or education. Communication science and disorder degree programs prepare students to diagnose and treat a variety of hearing and speech disorders in children, the elderly, or patients who have suffered speech or hearing trauma. Students can anticipate careers as:
·         Speech pathologists
·         Audiologists
·         Special education teachers
·         Private school administrators
·         Counselors
·         Consultants
·         Speech and hearing therapists

I got that definition online. So don't quote me. Basically it satisfies all my job requirements! I get to work 
with people, help kids, learn sign language and do some kind of service! Much less depressing than social 
work, huh Mom?

Anyway, today was the first day of classes. I switched some around so now my schedule is just a tad different! Still 7 classes... Only 15 credit hours instead of my 14. Plus now I gotta go sell some books back fun stuff! Raise your hand if you're jealous. ;) 

On a side note. Me and Jenna are taking world dance. We learned how to do the Komletro. It's a Norwegian  dance. Pretty simple but very fun to watch. We'll have to take a picture of us doing it. We look... silly. To say the very least. On a PLUS(er?)/more plus side, we met (before class. Luckily we got there early) and we bumped into Thomas (he sat with us at a basketball game once) and his friend Devin. We spent a good 20 min laughing and joking around. They are cute guys. Ha. I dunno where I'm going with that. 

But, me and Jenna went to the gym. Who's shocked? My mom? Aeryn? Ha. Yep! We did. We had planned on going. I was iffy at the beginning of class. But that's where Thomas and Devin were headed so we met up with them after dance. We only worked out for 30 minutes but hey you gotta start somewhere?! It wasn't intense and the stair master or elliptical said i burned 100-some calories. And I learned how to do some full body lift thing? I dunno. Our plan is to go every Monday and Wednesday after dance! 

It'll take some persuading but, hopefully I will begin WANTING to go! And will start to maybe... possibly enjoy it. Doubt it. :) But, it's worth a try. 

1 comment:

  1. Declared a major AND exercised, see, things are aready going better! I think you will begin to enjoy exercising as when you finish your workout, you will feel better. Amazing what a couple of cute guys can motivate you to do! Your major sounds like you! I am happy if you are happy, and as long as you are employable when you are finished, all the better! Now, if you can get Chase to the gym with you, that would shock me!

    ReplyDelete