Friday, January 7, 2011

Things that Make Me Smile...

Today I received an email from someone I love very dearly with the advice "Be happy and smile- people are attracted to happy people."

And, well, who DOESN'T like to be attractive?! ;)

So, in that light I decided to make a list of all things that make me happy/smile so when i'm feeling sad/down I can come and look at this!


  • Seeing or hanging out with my family.
  • Emails from my Dad.
  • Talking to my family on the phone. (Extended and Immediate).
  • Random nice texts/emails/facebook posts etc...
  • Weird and random yet surprisingly flowing conversations with the BF A-rod.
  • People commenting on my blog.
  • Being around Chase.
  • Sweet, cute, honest boys.
  • Driving in the car, listening to my little brothers tell me about their day.
  • Listening to GOOD music.
  • Good, uplifting church lessons.
  • Thoughts of summer.
  • Looking at my snowboard.
  • Laughing. With anyone.
  • My mom. She really is the prettiest lady in the whole world. I have the picture to prove it. It's become one of my favorites.
  • My Dad's funny, but SUPER lame jokes.
  • I already mentioned Chase.
  • Hayden and his seemingly quiet nature, yet secretly funny personality.
  • Blake and his muscles. 
  • My Grandma. I love her.
  • My Aunt and Uncle in Utah, and their continued kindness and support.
  • My CuZ. When she talks to me.
  • Letters. Or mail in general.
  • Good friends.
  • Free food.
  • Snow. And warm weather. It's a shame they can't coexist.
  • Getting done with a long day of class.
  • Working with kids. Or just talking to them. Especially Bella. I swear. 
  • Which brings me to the Tanners and the Taylors. Thinking about them and talking to them makes me realize just how nice it is to have people who aren't quite family really be like family.
  • Late night conversations that make little sense.
  • Late night conversations that make perfect sense and are REAL.
  • Pictures. And being weird in them.
  • Pictures where I look GOOD.
  • The knowledge I have about WHO I am, WHERE I'm going and WHY I'm here.
  • Being asked out on a date.
  • Getting a compliment.
  • Entertaining others.
  • Good dreams.
  • Funny jokes/phrases or comments people make casually.
  • Awkward situations.
  • Family. Have I mentioned that yet?
Most recent. Sorry Dad. I don't have one with you. :(
On here before. BUT the most recent of all 6 of us that I have.

The Whole Sammons Clan!

  •  Having fun with COOL roommates.
  • Karl. Aka the best poster/friend ever. He's on the back of my door.
  • Ice skating and my World Dance class.
  • Straight, non-frizzy, hair.
  • My ipod. I need a new one though.
  • Days when I look so good that i'd date myself. ;)
  • Learning sign language. My teacher is actually legit deaf. I went up and tried to talk to her and we just could NOT communicate.
  • This list. 
  • Doing nice things for people. 
  • Changing into pajamas at the end of a long day.
  • Taking off heels after walking around in them ALL day.
  • Writing a good paper.
  • Oh and family.
Well, I gotta go! There is some dance/activity thing starting at 8 and I gotta go get ready!!

In the words of my personal idol Glozell (for those of you who are unaware of this gem... youtube is all I have to say):

"Peace N' Blessins"




3 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a list!! Good go'in, girl.

    Surely, anytime you look at that list, you will feel happy. I love the list. I love you! And thanks for the shout-out..(of sorts!).

    I'm going to review that list myself when I need a lift. It's good, good, good, good. Very good, GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia,
    I am now caught up with all of your posts. It is quite a roller coaster when you read them like that. I want you to know, college life is really like that. Full of really high highs and really low lows. And also a lot of in betweens and good times. A little like life on steroids. Know that it is normal and you are not alone. You will get through it all and have a lot of great experiences along the way. As my dad told me a long time ago, "If I could give you the benefit of all my wisdom from life experiences to save you from the pain, I would. But you have to make the mistakes for yourself so you will learn."
    And you know what makes me happy? Being mentioned by my beautiful daughter in her posts! I will have to email more often and make more lame jokes! (G)
    I do Love you! And the boy tells his mom at the end of the Sixth Sense - Every day! (If you don't remember what that means, email me and I will tell you!) Be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, What happened to my post? I wrote something a few days ago and it is not here! So weird. Hmmmm, let me see if I can recall what I wrote. Many of these same things make me smile. Some of them make me laugh. I love your lists and I always see you in them. WIth a list that long, it is amazing that you are not always smiling. I love that picture as well, what picture of the three of us don't I love??? Keep smiling and those beautiful eyes will light up the world.

    ReplyDelete