Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Recap.

Today has been fun. Today has been long. Today I am officially worn out and READY for the weekend.

8:30am- Wake up. Shower.
9:45am- Leave for class.
10:50am - Meet in the Wilk. Get Chase lunch. Because, I'm a nice sister. He's cute and I love him.
11:00am- Begin the LONG wait for a meeting with my counselor. Here's why:
I get there. I sign in. The lady says there are 5 people ahead of me. I say "Ok, how long is the wait normally?" "It depends on how many questions people ask." OK thank you for being of NO help. I go talk to Chase for literally 10 min. I come back. I ask about the wait time. She says there are 7 people ahead of me. Yes, this was not what she had originally told me. Yes, it was a red flag. And yes, I am a nice person so I sat down to wait my turn. No questions asked. 12:30pm rolls around and 10+ people have gone ahead of me. I call my mom to complain. I say it loud enough so that the useless woman at the desk can hear me. She gets up and decides she has to go on a lunch break. Useless. So, I proceed to walk up to the desk to the innocent young man working. I say in my angriest/politest voice I have "Excuse me, can I ask what exactly is going on?" Confused look. "I have been waiting for an hour and half. I came she said 5 people were ahead of me. Then I asked again and she said 7. Ten people have now gone and I am still sitting here." "Oh... um... well... what's your name?" "Sophia Giler, G-I-L-E-R." "Well, uh... I guess... it looks like your name was erased from the line. The computer acted up." "What?" "We can go ahead and put you at the front of the line, can I see your student ID?" I hand it over he swipes it and gives it back. I return to my chair and eavesdrop as he tells the other girl that the next counselor that comes out is to ask for Sophia. A kind old guy comes out and says my name.

12:45-1:00pm- I meet with the nice guy. He looks over my schedule and keeps talking about how well planned out it is. How well, I did the first semester and how can he help. I tell him my concerns, as well as my major (as previously mentioned it's communications disorders). We look it over. Stats 121 (the math I switched into but wanted to know if it was required) is a General AS WELL AS required for my major. He looks over my schedule and tells me how I must've been inspired. If not inspired at least spired. Get the joke? I didn't either. But he was nice, friendly and old so I gave him a nice laugh. We talked about my major and he gave me this really helpful sheet that planned out what courses I had to take. What a good guy.

1:00pm- Talked with my mom on the phone. Got lunch with Nikole and Jenna.
1:40-3:40pm Went to my first day of Ice Skating. I love ice skating I decided. I really do. It is quite fun! I'm not the greatest but, I was not the worst.
4:00pm- First day of ASL. Aka sign language. Found out the hard way she is actually deaf. I was a little behind because it's on Monday-Thursday. So I had missed two days. But, I managed. I love to sign already. But, I'm not particularly fast.
5:00pm-6:00pm- Got my new books. Returned the ones for the classes I dropped.

Finally I am at home. Studying and reading. Will and Scott (2 of our FHE brothers) come to the door. Alex (another FHE brother) has made carrot cake for us. Yay! It was alright. Will is pretty cool. He is 17. Which is weird cause he's really nice. And super smart?! Ha he's had a really INTERESTING/Tough family life. So talking to him was really cool just to get to know him!

Anyways. More reading. I'm mainly ending this because I REALLY have to use the bathroom.(number one, no worries). I'll go Linda Giler Style. With the door open and the lights off. ;)

Love you all!

Also, I love getting mail. As a side note.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You can't share the family secrets, but I am glad to hear that you like my "bathroom style." Blake says now you and Tracy Hilton hae something in common - how sweet!

    ReplyDelete