Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tonight...

OK. Let me preface this post with the fact that I have been very sparing with the details of my life/friends/people I hang out with this semester.

I'll give a brief rundown. 

Luke: Really funny and nice. From Indiana. He knew Jenna before coming out here. They were friends. 
Will: A big goofball. Funny, kind and in 2 of my classes. He's a really cool guy.  He's in ROTC. I don't know why that's important. He's a goober too. From Virginia, D.C area.
Ben: From Wisconsin. Nice as well. They are all easy to talk to. He is one to joke around a lot but, make sure you know he's joking and is just a good guy.
Skylar: Very good guy. He's sweet. He is from Utah. He goes home occasionally. He brought REALLY good peanut butter chocolate chip cookies home today.
Quinton: Shy at first. Keeps the other guys in line. He has a very like "righteous" sense of humor I guess. I dunno. He's funny with what he says but, I don't know. It's hard to explain.
Sam: Cute little blonde roommate. She is from Arizona. She works in the Cougareat. She is adorable and funny. She is dating Jared.
Ariana: From California! An amazing cook! She made a chore chart and guess what... we actually stick to it. We do chores every Saturday thanks to her. And the apartment is CLEAN!!!
Marie: Is from all over. Such a nice girl. She is pretty funny. She has the sarcastic sense of humor. But, is easy to talk to as well.
Melinda: SO sweet. Anything you do she is interested in. And genuinely interested. Not the fake kind that sometimes people do. But, the real kind.
Jared: Sam's boyfriend. Me and Jenna try to make them awkward (hence my weird outfit that one day). He's a good guy. Funny and puts up with a lot when me Jenna and Sam are in the same room. :)
(You should all know/have heard about the Tanners, Mitchell, Lewis, James and Paul).

Anyway, to top things off. I was still on my dating sabbatical (as my mom called it). Kind of. I would go out on dates but, strictly as friends. So, in lieu of having few girl friends, I found myself hanging out with Luke, Will, Ben and Skylar all night. It's not a bad thing I love my guy friends. They are a lot less drama then girls. And actually a lot of fun. So, I didn't mind at all. The company is good. And they are all cute guys so that helps.

Ok. Here's what happened. Me and Will had been texting/talking a lot since we had classes together and he's in my new ward and all that fun stuff. I think he's cute. He's not like drop dead gorgeous but he's cute. And his personality and sense of humor just make him all that much better. 

We all (me and the boys) hung out and watched Despicable Me. They asked who I hung out with. When I said "You guys, Jenna and Sam, and like 2 other groups of guys from my old ward.... is that bad? Like that I have no girl friends? It used to be sorta the other way around." They said "no. to be honest we like hanging out with you (and Jenna when she comes). You're cool. Besides, we mostly hang out with each other. Like just us guys." I took that as a compliment. So we went to Panda express from like 9:10-10:45 and just talked and hung out.


I went home after that. They wanted to borrow one of our movies. I texted Will a list of the movies. He said surprise us! So, I met Will halfway. So like 5 feet out of our building and like 10 feet out front of his building. We made small talk. I handed him the movie (Killers). We awkwardly said goodbye when he said "Hey.. I wanted to tell you but not in front of the other guys... that I think you're really pretty." I said "thank you..." and smiled! Like what am I supposed to say?! So, he said "thanks for the movie." "Anytime. See you at church tomorrow?" "Definitely." And then he turned and kissed my cheek.

You know what? I kind of liked it.

 Dating sabbatical legitimately over... possibly. I'll keep you posted. 

(I don't have a picture for today. I forgot to bring my camera. Oops. So, here's a throwback from Halloween?)

I think it's funny. I can't remember if it's on here already. But, oh well.


2 comments:

  1. SOunds like some good friends you have there! You have never been into "girl drama," so none of this surprises me! I always felt that was part of your attraction to Cody, he kept you out of the girl drama!!! And, while I was always puzzled that you weren't into the drama I always liked that about you. I say keep it up. I do think every girl needs at least one "kindred spirit, best friend", so you might want to keep that in mind! Maybe a picture of Will would have been nice as this is not one of my favorites, and probably isn't what he had in mind when he said you were really pretty, of which I couldn't agree with more:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! I'm scared of that picture!! I agree with your mom...more of the real Sophie!!

    I had to admit that as I started your post, I was laughing at how many "man-friends" you had compared to the number of girl friends! But, it's cool.You're too funny and fun at the same time, and pretty, and righteous. So, what's not to love?! I've always been so proud to know a young woman with all the qualities you possess and have realized that these qualities are not common among girls your age.

    I think it's definitely time for the dating sabbatical to be over. Just keep in mind that your mom has already put me on alert to be prepared to tie her down when ever wedding plans are remotely near...

    Friends are good. Keep hang'in.

    ReplyDelete